Episode 231: Expectations

Terrastina sets up her camera and tripod to photograph the moon rising over the hills across the river. She uses a telephoto lens to make the moon big in the frame. Through the viewfinder she sees the moon’s silvery sphere looming behind a stand of evergreen trees in silhouette. She plunges the remote cable release and counts a slow five for a good long exposure. She fills the roll with similar shots. Weeks go by and she does not get the roll developed. Mazolli asks her why. She tells him the journey is always more fun than the destination.

2 comments:

Kevin said...

Love the podcasts. I can appreciate your choice of words more - especially the alliteration. Not to mention the fact that it has been too long since I've heard your voice!

I'll have to get me a dead tree edition of T&M. I remember the ones you gave me to read years ago. Loved them!

Mario said...

Hi Kevin. Glad you like the podcasts. I'm having a good time doing them. It's like visiting with Terr, Moz, and the twins all over again.